This little program is a true gem! iPod Media Encoder converts video into an iPod-compatible format, the amazingly easy way. All you have to do is to drop and drag your file(s) into iPodME’s window, choose image size and conversion speed and hit the convert button. iPodME runs unobtrusively in the background using for the file conversion only the idle cycles of your computer. I just converted a 1.7 Gb avi file in just under 20 minutes, which is quite reasonable.
The program is free but donations are encouraged – which I was happy to make coz it’s well deserved.
- small (4 Mb), no setup, only 1 exe to put where you want, no codecs needed
- based on ffmpeg
- really easy to use and straighforward
- easy batch encoding, just select multiple files by clicking on the “add files” button or drag’n drop them into the list
- you can add new files to the batch during encoding
- run in background without disturbing your work (with the defaut priority option)
- 6 profiles adapted to most usage : 3 encoding speed, each optimized for file size or video quality
- possibility to customize the encoding options
- support soft-subtitles, and multiple subtitles per video
- support multiple CPU cores automatically
- can shutdown your computer after encoding